I am sure that you all are well aware of the recent incident of Manchester bombing. Investigation of the incident indicates that the bombing suspect being linked to a wider group of individuals. Therefore the UK threat level for international terrorism has been raised to its highest level of ‘critical’, meaning further attacks may be imminent. As a result, you may see military personnel at key public places in addition to more armed police – particularly in Manchester.
We as a collective individual our responsible is to protecting life & property and preventing crime and loss. Therefore, we must be more alert and vigilant in order to put the terrorist on their back foot or foil their attacks. Please note the following points as reminder:
- Reporting anything you believe is suspicious to Police.
• Don’t do the wrong thing and put yourself in danger.
- Outside of work, and particularly in crowded places, if you spot any suspicious behaviour or activity, or suspect packages, report this to the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321 or in an emergency dial 999.
• As a result of the change in Threat Level to “Critical”, Bag Searches might be in place at some venues as well as enhanced security checks.
• Please ensure you follow the planning procedure and adhere to site specific requirements regarding access and security.
• In the event of an incident our priority is ensuring YOU are safe.
Please therefore follow the instructions below:
– If a terrorist incident happens in the vicinity of YOU or your place, please inform Police
You are strongly advised to watch the film called ‘Stay Safe – Firearms & weapons Attack’. This is the link: