As Diwali approaches, this is a short remainder for you to measure so that you can protect yourself from high value gold theft and burglaries.
Here is some key advice for you to protect your homes and invaluable jewellery:
- Do not leave valuables on display in your home.
- Keep your high value gold in a commercial safety deposit box rather than at home
- If you do keep your jewellery at home, store it in a good quality safe that has been secured to the floor or the wall
- When leaving your home, ensure doors and windows are locked.
- When possible use timer switch lights so that it come on and off even you are not in home.
- When wearing jewellery in public, be cautious and discreet to avoid attracting unwanted attention.
- Always travel to and from your celebration in a group using well-lit streets. Try to avoid walking alone.
- If you drive, keep your car locked and remember where it is parked.
- If you are leaving or arriving at a safety deposit box facility, be vigilant and go with another family member.