There are some simple but effective 12 tips to secure it.
1. Lock the doors and close the windows when you leave your car, however long you are leaving it for.
2. When parking at home, always use your garage if you have one and lock both your vehicle and your garage. If you don’t have a garage, try to park in a well-lit, open place.
3. Don’t leave anything on display. Even an old coat or plastic bag can be a tempting target for a thief.
4. Don’t keep valuables or important documents in the glove box. You can leave the glove box open to show there’s nothing inside.
5. Tuck in wing mirrors and put the aerial down to discourage vandals.
6. Never store your car’s documents in the car.
7. A immobiliser or steering lock can help secure older vehicles.
8. Have the windows etched with the car’s vehicle registration number (VRN) and make a note of its chassis number.
9. Keep your car keys in a safe place, even in your house, so that someone breaking-in cannot steal your car too.
10. Get an alarm fitted. Alarms can deter thieves not only from stealing your vehicle, but also from taking items from it.
11. Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
12. Mark all equipment, e.g. car stereo, with your car registration number.